Your Will and Your Family
You are a witness to the Gospel during your lifetime. Your day-to-day decisions stem from the roots of your faith. In the same way, your will and long-term financial plan can become testimonies of faith that care for your loved ones and continue beyond your lifetime to nurture and sustain future generations.
People of all ages need a will to plan for the protection of their families and to distribute their assets according to their wishes. Your will can be a stewardship vehicle that allows you to:
- Plan for the future of your loved ones.
- Name guardians for your minor children.
- Express your faith through support for people and ministries important to you.
- Witness to the power of the Gospel through support to any ministry of the Church.
The ELCA Foundation can provide a number of helpful tools that you and your attorney can use in making your estate plan; they include:
- Brochures, including Why Do I Need a Will? and Take the Test: What Will Your Legacy Be?
- Notes for My Friends and Family, a workbook to record important information, including assets and the location of documents pertaining to your estate
- Will Workbook, a document designed to assist you in compiling information needed for estate planning
- “A Christian Preamble” that can be included in your will as a statement of your faith.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: please call the ELCA FOUNDATION, 800-638-3522, ext. 2970 or visit this Web site: www.elca.org/fo.
If you are an investor with Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, you may direct your Choice Dollars to benefit the Kogudus Renewal Ministry. Please take a few moments to call 1-800-847-4836 or log into thrivent.com/thriventchoice to update your selections.
You can mail your support to Kogudus Renewal Ministry, 1326 1st Ave North #17, Great Falls, MT 59401. You will receive acknowledgement and a receipt for your tax records.